About Our Church
St. John's, Ida
We are a community church in the Anglican Tradition, located in the beautiful Cavan Hills, 15 minutes west of Peterborough.
We are the only church in the hamlet of Ida, which is in the township of Cavan Monaghan.
When Joseph Thompson planted this church seedling in 1819 he could not have imagined the fruit that it would bear!
We have been "Celebrating Jesus for over 200 years"!
While remembering our pioneer past, we are even more excited about developing a vision of how our church can move forward into a new century of growth and outreach to our communities.
We are praying and planning, listening to God, and seeking the leading of the Holy Spirit, as we continue to learn about following Jesus.
Being a “community” church means that we are a church for the entire community, not just those with an Anglican background.
A significant number of us have come from other Christian traditions, or none, to be part of the church family here at Ida.